Relay now allows users to cancel processing ACH payments. To cancel an ACH payment please follow the instructions below. Please note the ability to cancel an ACH payment is only available for payments sent from a Relay 2.0 account. For more information on Relay 2.0, please see: Upgrading to Relay 2.0.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel an ACH Payment
- On the Home Page, select the transaction you would like to cancel. A pop-up will appear on the right-hand side. Scroll to the bottom of the panel on the right and select Cancel.
- Your transaction will be cancelled and the status will be updated. The funds will be immediately returned to your account. The timeline for the transaction will also be updated to reflect the date of cancellation.
Can I cancel an ACH payment that has been settled?
- ACH payments that have already been settled cannot be cancelled. If the transaction was authorized but sent in error we kindly ask that you reach out to the recipient to make arrangements for a return. If this transaction was not authorized, please dispute the transaction.
I don't see the Cancel icon, what should I do?
- If you do not see the Cancel icon, then it is too late to cancel the transaction or this transaction type is not eligible for cancellation. If the transaction was authorized but sent in error we kindly ask that you reach out to the recipient to make arrangements for a return. If this transaction was not authorized, please dispute the transaction.
Can I cancel a processing wire/check/ACH transfer?
- At this time you can only cancel an ACH payment through the dashboard. Wires, checks and ACH transfers (to or from a linked external account) cannot be cancelled through the dashboard. If you need to cancel a wire/check/ACH transfer please reach out to our Support Team with the Transaction ID.
Can I cancel a card transaction?
- Card transactions can only be cancelled by the merchant. If you wish to cancel a card transaction we kindly ask that you reach out to the merchant directly.