You cannot change the ownership of a card after it has been created, so to clarify the difference between individual and business cards, please keep reading!
Sections in this article:
Individual cards are meant to be assigned to a specific team member. Here’s how you can assign a card to an individual:
- Invite the team member to Relay with the Permission Level of Cardholder, Manager, or Administrator. For more information on team member permissions, please click here!
- Ensure the team member has accepted the invite and created a Relay account.
- Create a new Relay debit card and select the desired team member as the Cardholder.
Shared cards are meant to be shared across multiple people. For instance, you could create a card for a specific department (e.g., Marketing Card) or utility (e.g., Gas Card). You can customize the card’s second line to specify the card’s purpose.
Who has access to Individual and Shared cards?
- Administrators will have access to all cards.
- Managers will have access to all cards assigned to the checking account they are responsible for.
- Cardholders can only see the cards assigned to them and transactions attached to these cards. They will not be able to see the company cards that are assigned to the business if they are not the cardholder on the card.