Relay now offers a customized switching checklist to make moving over from another bank as seamless as possible!
Once you link an existing, external bank account, Relay will generate a custom checklist—for you—that lists out all the recurring transactions that need to be updated with your new account and card details.
How to set up and use the custom switching checklist:
- Navigate to the “Set-Up” tab.
- Click “Connect external account”.
- Follow the prompts to connect your external account. More detailed instructions on how to connect to an external account can be found here: How to Link an External Account.
- After connecting your external account click “View checklist”.
- Please wait while we generate your customized checklist. This may take a few moments.
- Click “View Relay account details” to view your account information. On this panel, you will also find instructions on how to update your information with vendors, and a link to download a PDF that confirms your account information.
- Once you have updated your account information with a vendor, click the associated check box to mark that you have completed moving a transaction to Relay.
Who has access to the checklist?
- To access the checklist you must meet the requirements listed above. You must also be a team member with Administrator access or an advisor with Super-Administrator level access.
Can I use the checklist if I have multiple business bank accounts?
- Yes! To add another bank to the checklist, please [follow the instructions here] to connect a new external account.
Can I use the checklist if I don’t have a business bank account?
- If you currently use a personal bank for your business, you can connect your personal account, however, the checklist may not be able to pull transaction information to generate the checklist.
Do I have to use the checklist if I don’t want to?
- Using the switching checklist is entirely optional. That said, for customers that are looking to make Relay your primary bank, the checklist will help make sure you don’t miss updating any of your most important vendors with your new banking details.
What should I do if I get an error when I try to generate the checklist?
- Please reach out to our Support Team for assistance if you experience any issues generating your checklist.