Relay makes cancelling a check payment easier than ever. See below for instructions.
How to cancel a check payment
1. On the Home page, locate the check to be cancelled.
2. Select the transaction. Scroll down to the bottom of the panel and click Cancel Check.
3. Click Yes.
4. The transaction status will be updated to Returned and will appear as a new transaction line at the top of the transaction list.
Who can cancel a check payment?
- Team members with Administrator and Bill-Payer level permissions, and Advisors with Administrator and Super-Administrator level permissions can cancel an outgoing check payment.
When can I cancel a check payment?
- Check payments can be cancelled while they are Processing. Once a check has settled (been deposited by the recipient) it cannot be cancelled. Please reach out to our Support Team if you have concerns about a settled check payment.
Can I cancel a check deposit?
- We do not currently support cancelling a check deposit in app. Please reach out to our Support Team if you need assistance with a check deposit.