Relay makes cancelling a check payment easier than ever. See below for instructions.
How to cancel a check payment
- On the Home page, locate the check to be cancelled.
- Select the transaction. Scroll down to the bottom of the panel and click Cancel Check.
- Click Yes.
- The transaction status will be updated to Returned and will appear as a new transaction line at the top of the transaction list.
Who can cancel a check payment?
- Team members with Administrator and Bill-Payer level permissions, and Advisors with Administrator and Super-Administrator level permissions can cancel an outgoing check payment.
When can I cancel a check payment?
- Check payments can be cancelled while they are Processing. Once a check has settled (been deposited by the recipient) it cannot be cancelled. Please reach out to our Support Team if you have concerns about a settled check payment.
Can I cancel a check deposit?
- We do not currently support cancelling a check deposit in app. Please reach out to our Support Team if you need assistance with a check deposit.