Once you've linked a bank account to Relay, you can add funds into your Relay account. You can also add funds to your account by ACH, Domestic Wire, International Wire, Check Deposit, or Cash Deposit.
How to Add funds
- Sign in to your Relay account
- Select the Home or Accounts tab
- Press the Add money drop down and select From external account
- From the Bank account drop-down menu, select the desired funding account
- Select the account* you would like the deposit to go
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer to Relay and press Next
- Review your deposit details and press Done
When initiating a deposit the amount entered cannot exceed the displayed available balance in your external account. The available balance in Relay is regularly updated every day however it may be out of sync with what is shown in your external account. If this is the case you can refresh your external account balance by following the steps in this article: How to refresh external account balances.
Limits and clearing time
All accounts have limits on how much you can deposit into Relay per day and per month. For more information on how to view your account limits please see the following article: How to view your account limits.
All deposits take 1 to 3 business days to clear, funds will not be available for use in your account until the end of this clearing period.
*You can only initiate deposits into checking accounts from external accounts. If you would like to fund your savings account first you will need to fund a checking account and then create an internal transfer in Relay between your checking and savings account.