Relay provides MasterCard debit cards which can be used anywhere credit cards are accepted. The card will only pull available funds from its account, it will not issue a credit.
A physical card will automatically be sent to your business address as soon as you open an account.
Sections in this article:
Virtual cards are issued and activated instantly. They can be used for online transactions and are compatible with Apple, Google and Samsung Pay for in-person payments at participating merchants.
Physical cards are mailed within 8-10 business days after issuing to your registered business address. You must activate this card on Relay in the Cards tab once you receive it.
Issuing a card
- Go to the Cards tab once signed into Relay.
- Click the green plus sign (+) at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the steps listed on the screen to create a card. See below for more details.
You will be asked to nickname the card. You can choose to issue a virtual or physical card, and which account the card will pull funds from for payments.
This nickname will not be printed on the card, it is the name that will be displayed within the Relay portal.
In order to print a specific cardholder name on the card, you must choose the employee card option outlined in the following step.
Authorization types for cards
You can either issue:
- A company card
- An employee card
If you choose to connect a card to a specific employee by clicking the second option, a list of employees with Cardholder permissions and higher will appear. Bill payers do not have card permissions.
In the last step, you will be able to set daily spending limits and choose if you would like to allow foreign transactions. For physical cards, you will also be able to set a daily ATM withdrawal limit.
Accessing your card information
In the Cards tab, all active and inactive cards will be listed on the left-hand side. You can view your card number and information by clicking the eye icon beside the card number. A new window will pop up with a virtual view of your card which includes the number, expiry date, and CVC.
Click the lock icon to show the numbers, to hide the numbers click the lock icon again. To copy the card number, click the double square icon beside the lock.
Things to know
- Each business can issue up to 50 cards on Relay.
- A tracking number is made available for the shipment of physical cards within 1-3 business days after it is issued. It can be accessed on desktop with the card's details.
- Relay cards do not support cash advances at this time.
- Physical employee cards simply list the employee name, not the business name.
Questions? Get in touch with our Support Team at email@example.com or 1 (888) 205-9304.