Once you have registered and your account is verified, you are ready to add funds!
Select the preferred method for instructions.
This article contains the following sections:
- External account: login credentials
- Adding funds from linked accounts
- International wires: non-U.S. external accounts
From an external U.S. account
1 to 3 business days. No transaction fee.
Using your login credentials:
- Navigate to the Accounts Tab. Click Add Money, then click From external account.
- Type the bank you would like to add funds from in the search bar or select from the tiles. Click on the bank name when it appears.
- Enter your login details for the bank account you would like to connect Relay to, then click Next in the bottom right-hand corner. You may be asked security questions to verify your identity.*
*If you are not taken to a login page, please see Micro deposits below for an alternative method to adding funds on Relay.
- Follow the instructions to deposit funds from your external bank account into your Relay account.
For example, if you would like to connect to your Chase bank account, you would select Chase in the search bar, then enter your login details for Chase. This will connect your Chase account to Relay to easily add funds while staying on the Relay platform.
You can also link to an external account without adding funds by following the steps below.
- Navigate to the Accounts tab.
- Click Manage.
- Click Funding Sources.
- Click Connect external bank account.
- Click Continue.
- Select your bank from the tiles or search for your bank by typing the bank name in the search bar. Please note if your bank is not listed you will not be able to connect via Relay's website.
- Click Next.
- Enter your login credentials and click Submit.
- Select which eligible accounts you would like to connect with and click Save. If an account is not listed please contact your bank for more information.
- Click Submit.
- Wait for the accounts to connect. This may take a few moments
- Click the 'X' in the top right-hand corner to exit the pop-up or follow the prompts to start adding money.
Adding funds with connected accounts:
Once accounts are connected they will be listed above the search bar on the Add money from another bank account page for easy transfers. You can reach this page by selecting Accounts > Add money > From external account. Accounts connected through login credentials will show the external account balance. Accounts connected with micro-deposits will not.
If you would like to add funds from a connected external account, select the account you would like to add funds from, as shown above. Then choose the amount and the Relay account you would like to deposit to.
Adding funds by international wire (non-U.S. external accounts)
If you are adding funds from a foreign or non-U.S. bank account, you will have to wire transfer funds from the bank you will be sending money from. The sending bank will exchange the currency into USD, if necessary.
For more information on receiving international wires to your Relay account, please visit these articles:
Things to know
- To transfer funds from your Relay account to your external account, an outgoing ACH transfer is required. For instructions on how to do this, click here.
- The Add Funds function is only compatible with other US bank accounts.