Once you have registered and your account is verified, you are ready to add funds!
Select the preferred method for instructions.
This article contains the following sections:
- External account: login credentials
- External account: micro-deposits
- Adding funds from linked accounts
- International wires: non-U.S. external accounts
From an external U.S. account
1 to 3 business days. No transaction fee.
Using your login credentials:
- Navigate to the Accounts Tab. Click Add Money, then click From external account.
- Type the bank you would like to add funds from in the search bar or select from the tiles. Click on the bank name when it appears.
- Enter your login details for the bank account you would like to connect Relay to, then click Next in the bottom right-hand corner. You may be asked security questions to verify your identity.*
*If you are not taken to a login page, please see Micro deposits below for an alternative method to adding funds on Relay.
- Follow the instructions to deposit funds from your external bank account into your Relay account.
For example, if you would like to connect to your Chase bank account, you would select Chase in the search bar, then enter your login details for Chase. This will connect your Chase account to Relay to easily add funds while staying on the Relay platform.
1 to 2 business days to connect, 1 to 3 business days for funds to transfer. No transaction fee.
Micro deposits are required when login credentials are not available for your bank. Two deposits under $1 will be sent to your bank account within 1-2 business days, then returned. This will establish a connection between the accounts. Once your account is connected with Relay, you will be able to add funds. Adding funds will take 1 to 3 business days to process.
- After selecting From external account, under Accounts > Add funds, type in the bank you would like to add funds from in the search bar. Click on the bank name when it appears.
- You will need to enter the account type, and the account and routing numbers of the external bank account, then press Next.
- Two deposits under $1 will be sent to your bank account, then returned, which will authorize a connection between your external account and Relay. You will need to verify the micro deposit amounts by checking the deposits made by Relay in the external account and entering them in Relay. See below for instructions.
To verify the deposits once the external account receives them:
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Click Add Money, then From external account.
- Click on the three dots for the unverified account marked in red under.
Click Verify account.
- Enter in the two deposit amounts under $1 received by your external account and click Next.
- Enter the amount you want transferred from your external account into the selected Relay account and click Done.
- Confirm the transfer details, then click Next.
- Your transfer will have been initiated and will arrive in 1 to 3 business days.
Adding funds with connected accounts:
Once accounts are connected they will be listed above the search bar on the Add funds from another bank account page for easy transfers. You can reach this page by selecting Accounts > Add funds > From external account. Accounts connected through login credentials will show the external account balance. Accounts connected with micro-deposits will not.
If you would like to add funds from a connected external account, select the account you would like to add funds from, as shown above. Then choose the amount and the Relay account you would like to deposit to.
Adding funds by international wire (non-U.S. external accounts)
If you are adding funds from a foreign or non-U.S. bank account, you will have to wire transfer funds from the bank you will be sending money from. The sending bank will exchange the currency into USD, if necessary.
For more information on receiving international wires to your Relay account, please visit these articles:
Things to know
- To transfer funds from your Relay account to your external account, an outgoing ACH transfer is required. For instructions on how to do this, click here.
- The Add Funds function is only compatible with other US bank accounts.
Questions? Get in touch with our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (888) 205-9304.