Relay allows up to 20 checking accounts within a single business account for LLCs and Corporations (sole-proprietorships can hold up to 10). You can categorize your funds to best suit your business needs for free! Every company starts out with one account, nicknamed “Business Checking”, after registration. You can add accounts, nickname them, rename them, and regulate team access.
Sections in this article are:
To add a bank account on Relay:
- Go to your Accounts tab once you are signed in.
- Select Add Account in the square beside your existing “Business Checking” account.
- Name the account and select its employee access.
To edit a bank account on Relay:
- Click on the bank account you would like to edit. E.g. “Business Checking”.
- On the account page, click Edit in the top right-hand corner.
- You can change the name of the bank account, and employee access.
Things to know
- User permissions will still apply to a team member’s access to a bank account. I.e. If an employee has Read-Only status, that is the only access level they will have to the bank account; if they are an Administrator they will have full bank access.
- If you change the nickname of your account on Relay and have a Xero or QuickBooks integration, you will need to manually change the account nickname on the accounting site to reflect the change. Bank account nicknames do not sync after the first connection.
Questions? Get in touch with our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (888) 205-9304.