This article will talk about Two Factor Authentication (2FA) and show you how to enable it. Please note, enabling 2FA via an authenticator app will not be available if your account is already set up with SMS 2FA. If you have SMS-based 2FA but would prefer app-based 2FA, please contact our Support Team during business hours at 1 (888) 205-9304 to make the switch.
Sections in this Article
What Is 2FA?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is used to add an additional layer of security to protect your financial information. It also allows you to control access of third-party apps like Plaid so they can be securely connected to Relay.
How To Enable 2FA?
- First, confirm the phone number associated with your profile is up to date and valid. You can confirm this by clicking on the Settings tab to view your Profile. Please also ensure the phone number is not used with another login that already has 2FA enabled. If you do have another login that has 2FA enabled, please reach out to our Support Team by email and we will assist in merging your profiles.
- Once in the Settings tab select Two-Factor Authentication.
- Follow the instructions to enable 2FA. You will need a 2FA authenticator app on your phone or tablet to complete this step.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are some examples of 2FA Authenticator apps? Google Authenticator (Android, iOS), Duo Mobile (Android, iOS) and Authy (Android, iOS).
- I received an error message, what should I do? The phone number associated with your profile may be invalid. Click Profile to confirm your phone number is valid. Your phone number may also be used with another login that has 2FA enabled. If you have two logins, please reach out to email@example.com and we will assist with merging your logins.