You can remotely deposit checks to your Relay account using our mobile app. Checks take up to 6-7 business days to deposit into your account.
Relay is unable to deposit money orders, substitute checks, or any non-US checks.
Sections in this article:
To deposit a check on Relay mobile:
- Select the Payments tab, once signed into the Relay mobile app.
- Select Deposit Check in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the account you would like to deposit to.
- Enter the check information.
- Press Front of Check and Back of Check to take photos of each side. Please make sure all 4 corners of the check are displayed.
- Click the box beside "By submitting, you agree to physically endorse this check".
- Please make sure the back of the check is endorsed with your signature. See below for an example.
- Once completed, the check will take up to 6-7 business days to deposit into your account.
When will my check settle?
Accounts with Relay have a deposit timeline of 6-7 business days after the deposit date. If you were invited to Relay by an accountant or bookkeeper with existing relations, you may be eligible for a check deposit timeline decrease.
Please note the 6-7 business days start the business day after the check was deposited. If the check is deposited on a national US holiday or weekend, the 6-7 business days will begin 1 business day after the check was deposited.
Things to know
- Relay is unable to deposit money orders or substitute checks.
- Relay can only deposit US checks. All checks issued from banks outside of the US will be canceled.
- Checks dated after 6 months from the deposit time will be canceled. A new check from the payee will be required to successfully deposit funds.
Questions? Get in touch with our Support Team at email@example.com or 1 (888) 205-9304.