You can make bill-pay check payments from your dashboard. These checks are mailed out the next business day and take approximately 8-10 business days to arrive at the address listed in the payee.
- If this is you have not already added the recipient of this payment as a Payee, please first add them as a payee by following the instructions in this article: Adding and Archiving a Payee
- Select the Payments tab.
- Click New Payment in the top right hand corner.
- Select the payee you would like to send the check to.
5. Once a payee has been selected, choose Check from the list of payment options. Please ensure the payee has a unit or suite number listed in the address for the payee if required.
- Select the source account and fill out the required fields. Once all the information has been entered, select Next.
7. Confirm payment details and select Initiate Payment. Once a check payment has been made, t the check is mailed out to the payee on the next business day. It takes about 8 to 10 business days for the check to arrive once mailed out.
Things to know
- Relay does not provide checkbooks and cannot support any checks created outside of Relay (including payroll checks). For more information please see Can I Order Checkbooks with Relay?
- The check will have an “In Progress” status until the payee deposits the check and the funds have settled.
- Once the check is “In Progress” the funds are pulled from the balance of the account.
- A “Settled” status means the check has been successfully deposited by the payee.
- Check payments only appear on Xero/QuickBooks Online bank feeds when they have “Settled”.
- If a suite or apartment number is not added but is a necessity for the receiving address the check may not arrive.
- The check can be voided if it does not arrive in the mail to the payee. Please reach out to email@example.com if you would like an outgoing check voided.