You can make bill-pay check payments from your dashboard. These checks are mailed out the next business day and take approximately 8-10 business days to arrive at the address listed in the payee.
- Select the Payments tab once signed into Relay.
- Click New Payment in the top right hand corner.
- Select Check.
- Create a check payee by clicking + New Payee.
- Once a payee has been created, select the payee and follow the steps listed to make the payment.
Please ensure the payee has a unit or suite number listed in the address if required.
- Once a check payment has been made, the check is mailed out to the payee on the next business day. It takes about 8 to 10 business days for the check to arrive once mailed out.
Things to know
- Relay does not provide checkbooks and cannot support any checks created outside of Relay (including payroll checks). For more information please see Can I Order Checkbooks with Relay?
- The check will have an “In Progress” status until the payee deposits the check and the funds have settled.
- Once the check is “In Progress” the funds are pulled from the balance of the account.
- A “Settled” status means the check has been successfully deposited by the payee.
- Check payments only appear on Xero/QuickBooks Online bank feeds when they have “Settled”.
- If a suite or apartment number is not added but is a necessity for the receiving address the check may not arrive.
- The check can be voided if it does not arrive in the mail to the payee. Please reach out to email@example.com if you would like an outgoing check voided.