Within this article, you will learn what video authorization is, and how to upload one to your Relay account.
Sections in this article
What is video authorization?
Video authorization is a means of verification for beneficial owners during Relay account registration. Video authorization is one of the documents requested when signing up for an account. Please see this article for more information on additional Required Documents and Information for Registration.
If you are a beneficial owner for your business with 25% or more ownership, we will request you to record and upload video authorization. In order to do this, please record or upload a video of yourself saying the following sentence:
“I authorize account opening at Relay Financial.”
To ensure your video authorization can be verified, your video should follow these guidelines:
- The camera is positioned close up in front of your face
- You are looking directly into the camera while speaking
- You are taking a steady video recording
- You have clear audio stating "I authorize account opening at Relay Financial"
- No other people are present in the video recording
- Should be in full color (black and white videos are not accepted)
- Maximum length of 6 seconds
- Accepted file formats: mp4, QuickTime, and WebM
Please see the example video below for reference:
Things to know
If you do not see video authorization listed as an upload option in the Relay mobile app, please try uploading via desktop on Google Chrome if possible.
If you need additional resources on making changes to your profile, please refer to these articles: Required Documents and Information for Registration and How Do I Upload Required Documents after Registering?
Questions? Get in touch with our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (888) 205-9304.