With this article, you will understand how to make an outgoing same-day ACH payment and create a new ACH payee.
Same-day ACH payments are available for Relay Pro users. There is no limit on how many same-day ACH payments Pro users can send per month.
Sections in this article
- Navigating to Payments
- Making a Same-Day ACH Payment
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Things to Know
Navigating to Payments
- Select the Payments tab once signed in.
- In the upper right corner, click New Payment.
Making a Same-Day ACH Payment
- Select ACH Same Day as the payment type. This is only available for Pro users.
Select the payee you wish to make a payment to.
- If you haven’t yet created the payee, select + New Payee or you can follow the brief steps in this article: Adding and deleting a payee.
- A payee can be any other stakeholder to whom you are trying to send an ACH. For example a vendor, a contractor, or a personal account of yours to which you wish to send funds.
- Enter your payment details:
- Choose the amount of funds you want to transfer to your payee.
- Type your reason for payment (This is important for understanding your payment history).
- Select the account you wish to withdraw the funds from.
- The frequency and scheduled date for transfer will autofill.
- Once finished, select Next
- If you are making your payment after 9 AM PST or on a weekend, you’ll receive the following message stating the ACH will be sent the next business day. Click Continue.
- Review the payment information, and click Done when you are ready to initiate the payment.
- What is the cut-off time to arrive on the same business day? 9 AM, PST (12 PM, EST). If the payment is made after 9 AM PST, it will arrive the next business day.
- How long will it take for the funds to arrive in the payee's account? Same-day ACH payments will settle the same business day. Depending on the bank, this could be 5 PM EST or 9 PM PST. If the payment is made after 9 AM PST, it will arrive the next business day.
- How much does it cost to send a same-day ACH transfer? Same-day ACH payments are free and are only available to Relay Pro users.
Things to Know
- Relay Pro users can send as many same-day ACH payments as they want.
- Please note: banks can have multiple routing numbers specifically for ACH payments and others for wire transfers. Ensure you are using the routing number for ACH payments.
- ACH is a great way to send funds to your external bank account.