With this article, you will learn how to make a payment on Relay.
Sections in this article
Create a Payee:
- If you have not yet created a payee for this payment, please see: Adding and Archiving a Payee for instructions on how to do so.
Steps to execute a payment:
- Once you have created a payee for this payment, please navigate to the Payments tab.
- In the top right-hand corner, click New Payment.
- Select the recipient of this payment from your list of Payees.
- Select the method of payment.
- Select the source account. Please ensure this checking account has sufficient funds before sending the payment.
- Enter the amount you would like to send. If commas or dollar signs are included, the field will be highlighted in red, and an error may occur when processing your payment.
- Select the frequency of payment. If this is a recurring payment please see How to Set Up Recurring or Scheduled Payments for more information.
- Select the date you would like this payment to go out. This will default to the date you are creating this payment.
- Enter the reason for payment in the Memo field, and then select if you would like to be notified when the payment reached the destination bank.
- Click Next to review the payment information.
- Once you have confirmed the payment details click Initiate Payment. You will receive an email notification confirming the payment has been sent.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does it take for the recipient to receive the payment?
- The processing timeline depends on the method of payment
- ACH: 1-2 Business Days (Same Day ACH available if you subscribe to Relay Pro).
- Domestic Wire: 1 Business Day
- International Wire: 5-7 Business Days
- Check Payment: 8-10 Business Days
What are the transaction cut-off times?
- Standard ACH: 1pm PST
- Same Day ACH: 9am PST
- Domestic Wire: 1pm PST
- International Wire: N/A
- Check Payment: N/A
Do you charge a fee to send payments?
- Relay charges a fee $5 to send a Domestic Wire and $10 to send an International Wire. These fees are waived if you sign up for Relay Pro. For more information please see: Plans and Pricing
Can I send payments in a currency other than USD?
- International Wire Transfers can be send in the currencies below. ACH, Domestic Wires, and Check payments can only be sent in USD.
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- European Euro (EUR)
- British Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Saudi Riyal (SAR)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Swiss franc (CHF)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Chinese Yuan (CNY)
- Israeli New Shekel (ISL)
- Bahraini Dinar (BHD)
- Bulgarian Lev (BGN)
- Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Croatian Kuna (HRK)
- Kuwaiti Dinar (KWD)
- Czech Koruna (CZK)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Turkish Lira (TRY)
- Omani Rial (OMR)
- Ugandan Shilling (UGX)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Poland złoty (PLN)
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)
- Qatari Rial (QAR)
- Romanian Leu (RON)