With your Relay account, you can receive international wire transfers using the SWIFT network. These are processed by our wire partner, The Currency Cloud Limited, before being deposited into your Relay account.
Following the instructions in this article, you'll be able to locate your international wire details (i.e., the SWIFT code and IBAN for your account) for receiving international wire transfers.
Note: Please ensure that the country from which you are receiving a wire is on our list of eligible countries.
Sections in this article
- How to Receive an International Wire Transfer
- Where to Find Your International Wire Details
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Receive an International Wire Transfer
If you are receiving an international wire transfer for the first time, please follow the instructions below to select which account you want to use for receiving international wires.
1. Once logged into Relay on your desktop, navigate to the Accounts tab and select Manage accounts from the dropdown menu.
2. Click Receiving International Wire Account.
3. From the dropdown menu, please select the checking account you would like your international wires to be deposited into, then click Save. You may change this at a later date in your Settings.
Where to Find Your International Wire Details
1. Once you have saved your preferred deposit account, please head back to the Accounts tab.
2. Click on the checking account you have selected as your deposit account.
3. Click Details.
4. Click International Wires under Receive Money and provide the listed information to the sender of the wire.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Does Relay charge a fee to receive an international wire transfer?
A: We do not charge you a fee to receive an international wire transfer.
Q: Can I receive funds in currencies other than USD?
A: Yes, you can receive funds in the same currencies available when sending an international wire from your account. For a list of supported currencies please see: How to Convert Currency in Relay.
Q: How long does it take to receive an international wire transfer?
A: The timeline for receiving an international wire is dependent on that of the sending bank. Please reach out to the sender to confirm the expected settlement date.
Q: My outgoing international wire is delayed, how can I track it?
A: International wires can be tracked with an MT103 document. Please see How To Download an MT103 for more information.
Q: How can I track an incoming international wire?
A: To locate an incoming wire, you will need to obtain the MT103 document from the sender. They will be able to request this from their bank.
Q: Can I have more than one deposit account for international wires?
A: No, only one deposit account can be supported for international wires at this time.