You can remotely deposit checks to your Relay account using our mobile app. Checks take up to 6-7 business days to deposit into your account.
Relay is unable to deposit substitute checks or any non-US checks.
Sections in this article:
To deposit a check on Relay mobile:
1. Once signed into the Relay mobile app, select Deposit Check in the left-hand corner of the screen. You will be prompted to select the account you would like to deposit to.
2. Enter the check information.
3. Press Front of Check and Back of Check to take photos of each side. Please make sure all 4 corners of the check are displayed.
4. Please make sure the back of the check is endorsed with the payee's signature or your business' name. Write "For mobile deposit only at Thread Bank" underneath the signature or business name.
5. Next, scroll down and select Deposit in the bottom right-hand corner.
6. Confirm all information is correct and click Confirm Check Information.
7. After completing the above, select Done to return to the main page, or Deposit Another Check to continue depositing checks to your Relay account.
When will my check settle?
Accounts with Relay have a check deposit timeline of 6-7 business days after the deposit date. Please note this timeline starts the business day after the check was submitted for deposit. If the check is submitted for deposit on a national US holiday or weekend, this timeline will begin 1 business day thereafter.
Things to know
- Relay is unable to deposit substitute checks.
- Relay can only deposit US checks. All checks issued from banks outside of the US will be cancelled.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit will be cancelled. A new check from the payee will be required to successfully deposit funds.
- Check deposits can only be received under the business name, the name of the beneficial owner(s) or any Doing Business As (DBA) as it appears in Relay.