If you no longer have a use for an individual sub-account (Checking or Savings) within your Relay business account, you can follow the steps outlined below to delete it.
Sections in this Article
Before Deleting a Sub-Account
Before following the steps outlined below, please ensure that the sub-account you're looking to close has a balance of $0 and no pending transactions. You may move any outstanding funds into another Relay sub-account (instructions here), or to an external bank account via ACH or wire (instructions here).
Additionally, please download any statements that you might need prior to account closure, as you will no longer have access to statements from that particular sub-account once it has been closed.
How to Delete a Sub-Account
- Once logged into Relay on a desktop, navigate over to the Accounts tab, and click on the individual sub-account that you wish to close (e.g., "General Savings").
2. Click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side of your screen, then click Delete Account. That's it!
Things to Know
You can open up to 20* sub-accounts within your Relay business account! Up to 2 of these accounts can be interest-bearing Savings accounts.
- *A maximum of 10 sub-accounts can be created for Sole Proprietorship accounts.
- For instructions on how to add a new Checking account, or edit an existing one, please see Adding and Editing Checking Accounts.
- For instructions on how to add a new interest-bearing Savings account, please see How to Create a Savings Account.
- If you're looking to close your entire Relay business account, please see Closing Your Relay Account.