Relay provides up to 50 free Visa debit cards per business. The card will only pull available funds from its source account, and will not issue a credit. The Relay Visa® Debit Card is issued by Thread Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted.
A physical card will automatically be sent to your business address as soon as you open an account.
Table of Contents
Virtual cards are issued and activated instantly. They can be used for online transactions and are compatible with Apple, Google and Samsung Pay for in-person payments at participating merchants.
Once issued, physical cards are expected to arrive in 8-10 business days at your registered business address or an alternative preferred US address. You must activate this card on Relay in the Cards tab once you receive it.
After you complete your Relay application you will be asked to confirm the shipping details of your first card.
You can customize the names that appear on your card and choose where you would like your card to be shipped. You can also cancel the shipment of this first card if you have no need for a physical debit card.
Once your account is approved a default virtual card will also be created. You may terminate this if you have no use for it.
How to create a new Relay debit card
- Once logged into Relay, navigate over to the Cards tab and click Create card at the top-right corner of your screen.
2. Choose your card type (virtual or physical).
3. Name your card! This is the name you will use to identify your card on your dashboard. This will not be the name printed on your card.
4. Select if the card is a Shared card or an Individual card (learn the difference here).
5. Select the primary cardholder from the drop-down menu. Only team members with Administrator, Manager, and Cardholder permission levels can be chosen as a primary cardholder.
6. Select the source account. This is the account money will be drawn from when you use the card.
7. Choose what name(s) you would like printed on the card. You can see a preview of what the names will look like when printed.
8. Set your spending limits. These can always be changed later!
9. Choose your shipping address. This section will not appear if you create a virtual card. When you're done, click Next.
10. Review your card details and click Order card. You're done!
Q: How long will it take for my physical card to ship?
A: It will take between 8 to 10 business days for your card to arrive.
Q: How can I edit my card nickname or spending limits?
A: To edit your card nickname or spending limits please see: Editing your Relay Card.
Q: How can I cancel a card?
A: To freeze or terminate your card please see: Freezing a Relay Card.
Q: Where can I view card information?
A: For instructions on how to view card information please see: Where Can I Find My Card Number, CVC (CVV), and Expiry Date?
Q: Can I change the card type after I’ve created the card?
A: Card types cannot be changed once created. If you would like a different type of card, we kindly ask you please create a new card.
Q: Can I change the source account for my card after I’ve created the card?
A: Source accounts cannot be changed once a card is created. If you would like a card connected to a different account, we kindly ask you to create a new card.
Q: Can I ship a card outside the US?
A: Currently, we only ship cards within the US.
Q: Can I track the shipment of my card?
A: We do not currently offer tracking for cards.
Q: Can I add a cardholder to a card after it's been created
A: Yes, simply navigate to the Cards tab and select the card you want to add a Cardholder to. Select your team member from the drop-down menu and click Add.