With this article, you will learn how to add and archive a payee from your Relay account.
A payee can be any other stakeholder to whom you are trying to send funds. For example, a vendor, a contractor, or a personal account of yours to which you wish to send funds.
Sections in this article
- Video Demo
How to add a payee
1. Once logged into Relay on your desktop, navigate to the Payments tab and select Payees from the dropdown menu. Click New Payee in the top right corner.
2. A pop-up window will appear. Fill in the necessary payee information.
- Depending on the payment method selected (i.e., ACH, wire, or check), different fields will appear.
- Please ensure that the payee information is correct by confirming the details with the recipient.
3. Check the box at the bottom of the pop-up window to verify you have confirmed the account information with the payee, then click Save in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.
How to archive a payee
1. Once logged into your account, select the Payments tab and select Payees from the dropdown menu.
2. Click on the Payee you would like to archive.
3. A window will pop up on the right-hand side. Scroll down and click Edit Payee.
4. Another pop-up window will appear. Scroll down and select Archive, then hit Save.
4. A pop-up window will appear prompting you to confirm your decision. If you wish to continue archiving the payee, select Yes.
Alternative method to add a payee
1. Once logged into your account, navigate to the Payments tab and click New Payment in the top- right corner of your screen.
2. Click + New Payee to begin the process of adding a new payee for this payment type. You will be prompted to plug in the relevant payee information.
3. Complete steps 2 and 3 from the How to add a payee section above. You're done!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Will archiving a payee affect any outgoing payments that are still in progress to that payee?
- No, when archiving a payee, any payments made to that payee that are still in progress will not be affected.
My payee is created! How do I pay them?
- For instructions on how to send a payment to a payee, please see How to Send a Payment (ACH, Domestic Wire, International Wire)
What if I don't know my payee's account details (account number, routing number, etc.)?
- Not to worry! If you don't have your payee's account information, you can request it from them directly within Relay. For more information on this, please see Requesting Payment Information from Payees.