In this article, you will learn how to set up recurring and scheduled payments to existing payees. For information on how to create new payees, click here.
Relay users can set up three types of recurring payments: ACH, wire, and check.
Sections in this article
- Setting up recurring payments
- Setting up scheduled payments
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Things to know
Setting up recurring payments
- From the Payments tab, click "New Payment".
- Select the type of payment you would like to set as a recurring payment.
- Select the payee for these payments.
- If you would like to send recurring payments to a payee that is not yet available in your account, you will need to create a new payee. For more information, please see this article.
Scroll down and select Recurring payment from the drop-down menu under Frequency.
To set up a scheduled payment select One-time payment.
- Click on the Scheduled date for transfer calendar and select the date on which you want these payments to begin.
- Select the frequency of these payments using the drop-down menus under Occurs every by clicking on the green arrows.
- A list will appear with the payment dates for the first 10 instances of this recurring payment.
- Note: Payments will occur until the specified endpoint (see step 7). You can set up recurring payments for longer than ten cycles, but the list will only show the first ten payments.
- To set an endpoint for your recurring payments, you can choose between the following options:
- Never Ends
- Ends after a date
- Ends after paying a certain amount of times
- Enter the payment details and click Next.
- Review your payment information and click Done when you are ready to confirm the recurring payments.
- A new queued transaction will be created in the Payments tab under the Queued transactions section. Only one upcoming transaction from each recurring payments queue will appear at a time under this section.
Setting up scheduled payments
- Follow steps 1-3 in Setting up recurring payments.
- Scroll down and select One-time payment from the drop-down menu under Frequency.
3. Click on the Scheduled date for transfer calendar and select the date on which you want this payment sent out. 4. Enter the payment details and click Next.
5. Review your payment information and click Done.
6. A new queued transaction will be created in the Payments tab under the Queued transactions section.
- The transaction will stay Queued until the date of the scheduled transfer.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What will happen if my account doesn’t have sufficient funds to cover these payments?
The transaction will be canceled and you will need to manually re-execute the payment once sufficient funds have been added to your account. You can do so by clicking on the transaction on your homepage and clicking Execute transaction in the side panel.
Please note: all future transactions from a recurring payment will execute as normal provided sufficient funds are available to cover each payment at the time of execution.
Things to Know
- You can edit or cancel recurring payments. Refer to this article for more information.
Questions? Get in touch with our Support Team at email@example.com or 1 (888) 205-9304.