With your Relay checking account*, you can send domestic wire payments to a payee. In order to send a domestic wire payment you must first add a payee for the individual or business you are looking to pay.
How to send a domestic wire
- Sign in to your Relay account
- Select the Payments tab
- Press New Payment
- Select a recipient from the list of payee's shown or add a New Payee
- Select Domestic Wire as the payment method
- Select the Source Account for the payment
- Enter the payment Amount
- Customize the payment with the desired Frequency, Scheduled Date for Transfer, and Memo
- Press Next once you have entered all the necessary information
- Once you have confirmed the payment details press Initiate Payment
Limits, processing timeline, and fees
All accounts have limits on how much you send by domestic wire per day and per month. For more information on how to view your account limits please see the following article: How to view your account limits.
The recipient will receive the payment within 1 business day. The cut off time for a domestic wire payment to arrive same-day is 1 PM EST.
There is a $5 USD fee to send a domestic wire. These fees are waived if you are a Relay Pro customer.
*You can only send domestic wire payments from a Relay checking account. If you would like to move funds out of your savings account, you will first need create an internal transfer in Relay between your savings and checking account.