With your Relay checking account*, you can send domestic wire payments to a payee. In order to send an international wire payment you must first add a payee for the individual or business you are looking to pay.
How to send an international wire
- Sign in to your Relay account
- Select the Payments tab
- Press New Payment
- Select a recipient from the list of payee's shown or add a New Payee
- Select International Wire as the payment method
- Select the Source Account for the payment
- Enter the payment Amount and Currency**
- Customize the payment with the desired Frequency, Scheduled Date for Transfer, and Memo***
- Press Next once you have entered all the necessary information
- Once you have confirmed the payment details press Initiate Payment
Limits, processing timeline, and fees
All accounts have limits on how much you send by international wire per day and per month. For more information on how to view your account limits please see the following article: How to view your account limits.
The recipient will receive the payment within 2-3 business day. There is no cutoff time for international wire payments.
There is a $10 USD fee to send an international wire. These fees are waived if you are a Relay Pro customer. The recipient may also incur additional fees by the receiving bank or its partners.
*You can only send ACH payments from a Relay checking account. If you would like to move funds out of your savings account, you will first need create an internal transfer in Relay between your savings and checking account.
**For more information on how Relay's currency conversion works and the currency's are available please see the following article: How to convert currency in Relay
***When writing a memo please provide a detailed business reason for payment. Memos that lack detail could be returned if an institution deems it does not comply with regulatory obligations. We recommend adding information regarding what type of service was provided and any other specific indicators, along with the invoice number if available.